Dental practices today provide a remarkably similar approach to their patients. The lack of significant differentiation between practices provides an opportunity for practices willing to embrace oral systemic links (OSLs) as a significant way to enhance value to your patients. Understanding hygiene practices for the systemic links between oral and overall health, positions our hygiene teams to be true advocates for patients’ health.
This session examines how OSLs can influence protocols: oral self-care and nutrition, as well as the technological diagnostic approaches you can take with patients. We focus on cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and pregnancy outcomes through the lens of several case studies. We conclude that the benefits OSLs bring to our practices make for healthier practices, more inspired teams, and distinct and sustainable identities for our practices.
- Understand the similarity in the core offerings in dentistry today.
- Understand the opportunity to enhance service offerings to our patients.
- Understand the role oral systemic links can play in inspiring your practice.
- Understand the technology, protocols, and team development required to maximize an oral systemic links approach.
- Understand the relationship between oral health and chronic diseases.
- Understand that each of us, as hygienists, have the ability to change the health of our patients.